One of the most pricey tournaments in golf, the US Masters has grown phenomenally year after year. The Masters has a very small scape for betting, mostly, because of its smallest range of starters compared to any other major tournaments (most from 90-100 playing at Augusta). The prices are kept slim. Most golfers partcipating in the bet are past their prime years in the field since the Masters allows re-entry to winners of previous tournaments for as many time as they wish.
MASTERS: HISTORIC JOURNEY
It was started by Bobby Jones and Clifford Roberts, both collaborating to come up with the course in the year 1932. The first game of the tournament was in the year 1934 and soon turned into the fascination of the public, mostly thanks to the popularity Jones shared in the game along with the connections. Right at the dawn of 1940, it was decided that the tournament would take place annually throughout the first week of April. The betting odds take place, in a conventional pattern, a few weeks before the tournament begins.
To understand the odds of the upcoming 2019 William Hill Golf Tournament, let us go a list of golfers with 30-1 and some even better odds:
- Tiger Woods,the new favourite, at 9-1
- Jordan Spieth at 10-1
- Dustin Johnson at 12-1
- Rory Mcllroy,Justin Thomas andBrooks Koepka at 14-1
- Justin Rose and Rickie Fowlerat 16-1
- Jon Rahm at 18-1
- Jason Day at 20-1
- Bubba Watson at 25-1
- Patrick Reed, Tommy Fleetwood, Francesco Molinari, Paul Casey, Hideki Matsuyama, Bryson DeChambeau and Tony Finau at 30-1 each.
Take a look at the three betting tips you must remember if you want to bet in the upcoming William Hill masters golf odds.
- Look out for good par 5 players to get your game going: Do you want a tournament winner? If you do, look for hitters that have a special hand in performing well ob par 5. You will find that many winners have an experience of playing par 5 in -90 under the par.
- Go for natural ball drawers: The course can be laid out, which means golfers who have the talent of curving the ball well from right to left are more on the advantageous side.
- Keep away from Defending Champion- There are only three professionals who have been successful in retaining the title: Jack Nicklaus,Nick Faldo and Tiger Woods. So, unless you are certain of pulling off something like that, stay at a safe distance from the Defending Champ.
For people who have been ready for the betting season, the best odd to be played on Woods can be 5-2 for one major win in 2019. If you are going with a single bookie, you can pray for the best given betting value. In case you are opting for several account online, then your chances that you will get a pick of the best odds. The bettings are unpredictable. Do not lose hope with the game. You never know who wins afterall.